E814 -- Institutionum calculi differentialis sectio III
(Foundations of Differential Calculus, volume 3)
According to Eneström, this is an application of differential calculus to geometry.
Originally published in Opera Postuma 1, 1862, pp. 342-402
Opera Omnia: Series 1, Volume 29, pp. 334 - 429
- Original publication:
- chapter 1: De calculo differentiali ad lincas curvas applicato in genere
- chapter 2: De tangentibus linearum curvarum
- chapter 3: De tangentibus linearum curvarum, quae per alias lineas curvas utenuque determinantur
- chapter 4: De tangentibus curvarum, in certis locis inveniendis
- The Euler Archive attempts to monitor current scholarship for articles and books that may be of interest to Euler Scholars. Selected references we have found that discuss or cite E814 include:
- Ferraro G., “Differentials and differential coefficients in the Eulerian foundations of the calculus.” Historia Mathematica, 31 (1), pp. 34-61 (Feb 2004).
Return to the Euler Archive