E788 -- Briefe von L. Euler an Chr. Goldbach 1729-1763
(Letters from L. Euler to Chr. Goldbach 1729-1763)
What Eneström refers to as E788 is Euler's half of the Goldbach correspondence (or at least that
part published in Fuss' Correspondance). All of these letters are available on the Euler Archive: see the Goldbach correspondence page.
Originally published in Correspondance mathematique et physique de quelques celebres geometres du XVIIIeme siecle publiee par P.H. Fuss 1, 1843, various pages
Opera Omnia: Does not currently appear in the Opera Omnia
- The originals of the letters are found in the Archive of the St. Petersburg Academy.
- All of these letters are available on the Euler Archive --
see the Goldbach correspondence page.
- Ed Sandifer has a translation of two of these letters.
- The Euler Archive attempts to monitor current scholarship for articles and books that may be of interest to Euler Scholars. Selected references we have found that discuss or cite E788 include:
- Pieper H., On Euler contributions to the 4-squares theorem. Historia Mathematica, 20 (1), pp. 12-18 (Feb 1993).
- Shuster MD., A survey of attitude representations. Journal of the Astronautical Sciences, 41 (4), pp. 439-517 (Oct-Dec 1993).
Return to the Euler Archive