E746 -- Methodus succincta summas serierum infinitarum per formulas differentiales investigandi
(A method for gathering the sums of infinite series by investigating differential formulas)
This has more formal series with Bernoulli numbers and the Riemann zeta function for z(2n).
Originally published in Memoires de l'academie des sciences de St.-Petersbourg 5, 1815, pp. 45-56
Opera Omnia: Series 1, Volume 16, pp. 200 - 213
- Original publication: E746
- Jordan Bell of Carleton University in Ontario has prepared a translation of E746.
- German translation (Artur Diener and Alexander Aycock): E746
- The Euler Archive attempts to monitor current scholarship for articles and books that may be of interest to Euler Scholars. Selected references we have found that discuss or cite E746 include:
- Ferraro G., “Some aspects of Euler's theory of series: Inexplicable functions and the Euler-Maclaurin summation formula.” Historia Mathematica, 25 (3), pp. 290-317 (Aug 1998).
Return to the Euler Archive