E491 -- De proiectione geographica superficiei sphaericae
(On the geographical projections of spherical surfaces)
According to the records, it was presented to the St. Petersburg Academy on September 4, 1775.
Originally published in Acta Academiae Scientarum Imperialis Petropolitinae 1777, 1778, pp. 133-142
Opera Omnia: Series 1, Volume 28, pp. 276 - 287
- Euler's three works on map projections, E490, E491, and E492, were published in German translation at the end of the 19th Century in:
Euler, Leonhard. Drei Abhandlungen uber Kartenprojection / von Leonhard Euler (1777) ; herausgegeben von A. Wangerin. Leipzig : W. Englemann, 1898
- A handwritten French translation of this treatise can be found in the library of the observatory in
Uccle, near Brussels.
- Original Publication: E491
- A 19th Century German translation of E490, E491, and E492, Drei Abhandlungen uber Kartenprojection, is available here on Google Books.
- A translation of E491 has been prepared by George Heine, who has made his work available to the Euler Archive.
Return to the Euler Archive