E396 -- Sectio secunda de principiis motus fluidorum
(Section two of Principles of Fluid Motion)
For a summary and description of this work, see E258
This is the second part of a three-part treatise. For the rest of Euler's
"De motu Flouidorum" see:
According to the records, it was presented to the St. Petersburg Academy on March
- E258 -- De principiis motus fluidorum
- E409 -- Sectio tertia de motu fluidorum
- Originally published in Novi Commentarii academiae scientiarum Petropolitanae 14, 1770, pp. 270-386
- Opera Omnia: Series 2, Volume 13, pp. 73 - 153
- German translation (Alexander Aycock and Arseny Skryagin): E396
- The Euler Archive attempts to monitor current scholarship for articles and books that may be of interest to Euler Scholars. Selected references we have found that discuss or cite E396 include:
- Stern D., “Geomagnetic Euler potentials.” Journal of Geophysical Research, 72 (15), pp. 3995-& (1967).
- Stern DP., “Euler potentials.” American Journal of Physics, 38 (4), pp. 494-& (1970).
- Truesdell C., “The mechanical foundations of elasticity and fluid dynamics.” Journal of Rational Mechanics and Analysis, 1 (2), pp. 125-291 (1952).
- Truesdell C., “The mechanical foundations of elasticity and fluid dynamics.” Journal of Rational Mechanics and Analysis, 2 (5), pp. 593-616 (1953).
Return to the Euler Archive