E367 -- Dioptricae pars prima
(Optics, part 1)
This work contains 7 chapters:
According to the records, it was presented to the St. Petersburg Academy on October 20, 1768;
this work, which is actually assembled out of a large number of earlier treatises, was edited by
W. L. Krafft, according to N. Fuss.
De diffusione imaginis per unicam lentem repraesentatae.
De diffusione imaginis per plures lentes repraesentatae.
De lentibus compositis seu multiplicatis.
De confusione visionis nec non de magnitudine apparente et claritate.
De campo apparente oculique loco maxime idoneo.
De confusione a diversa radiorum indole oriunda.
De constructione instrumentorum dioptricorum in genere.
- Originally published as a book in 1769
- Opera Omnia: Series 3, Volume 3
- The other two parts of this work are E386
- The Euler Archive attempts to monitor current scholarship for articles and books that may be of interest to Euler scholars. Selected references we have found that discuss or cite E367 include:
- Ilinsky, Roman, "Methods of analysis and synthesis of optical systems in the first, second and third chapters of the first volume of Euler's Dioptricae" (Russian). Available from Tribune UFN.
Return to the Euler Archive