E343 -- Lettres a une princesse d'Allemagne sur divers sujets de physique & de philosophie
(Letters to a German Princess on various topics in physics and philosophy)
Euler expresses his views on a a wide range of scientific topics, as he also does in
E344 and E417.
Originally published as a book in 1768.
Opera Omnia: Series 3, Volume 11.
- The original 1768 publication of Volume I of the Lettres is available via Archive.org: E343.
- An 1842 French-language printing of Volume I is also available via Archive.org: E343.
- English Translation (by David Brewster, 1823):
- Todd Doucet has been translating the Lettres into English, and a compiled draft of his work is available on his web site: Emails to a German Pricess.
- E343 is discussed in Ed Sandifer's How Euler Did It January 2004 column published online by the MAA.
Return to the Euler Archive