E333 -- Recherches sur la courbure des surfaces
(Research into the curvature of surfaces)
According to C. G. J. Jacobi, a treatise with this title was presented to the Berlin Academy on
September 8, 1763.
Originally published in Memoires de l'academie des sciences de Berlin 16, 1767, pp. 119-143
Opera Omnia: Series 1, Volume 28, pp. 1 - 22
- Original publication: E333
- E333 can be viewed or downloaded from Digitalisierte Akademieschriften und Schriften zur Geschichte der Königlich Preußischen Akademie der Wissenschaften, which includes serial publications of the Prussian Academy of Science in the 18th and 19th Centuries.
- Jerry Lodder of New Mexico State University has provided a translation
of parts of E333, including all sections leading to the conclusion of
the curvature of planar cross sections.
- The Euler Archive attempts to monitor current scholarship for articles and books that may be of interest to Euler Scholars. Selected references we have found that discuss or cite E333 include:
- Truesdell C., “Jean-Baptiste-Marie Charles Meusnier de la Place (1754-1793); an historical note.” Meccanica, 31 (5), pp. 607-610 (Oct 1996).
Return to the Euler Archive