E238 -- Sur la force des colonnes
(Concerning the strength of columns)
According to C. G. J. Jacobi, a treatise with this title was presented to the Berlin Academy on
September 1, 1757.
Originally published in Memoires de l'academie des sciences de Berlin 13, 1759, pp. 252-282
Opera Omnia: Series 2, Volume 17, pp. 89 - 118
- Original publication: E238
- E238 can be viewed or downloaded from Digitalisierte Akademieschriften und Schriften zur Geschichte der Königlich Preußischen Akademie der Wissenschaften, which includes serial publications of the Prussian Academy of Science in the 18th and 19th Centuries.
- The Euler Archive attempts to monitor current scholarship for articles and books that may be of interest to Euler Scholars. Selected references we have found that discuss or cite E238 include:
- Dutka J., “On the early history of bessel-functions.” Arhcive for History of Exact Sciences, 49 (2), pp. 105-134 (1995).
- Vagliente VN, Krawinkler H., “Euler's paper on statically indeterminate analysis.” Journal of Engineering Mechanics-ASCE, 113 (2), pp. 186-195 (Feb 1987).
Return to the Euler Archive