E190 -- Consideratio quarumdam serierum, quae singularibus proprietatibus sunt praeditae
(Consideration of certain series which are gifted with particular properties)
Euler studies a function s(x), the Lambert series.
According to C. G. J. Jacobi, a treatise with this title was read to the Berlin Academy on June 19,
1749; according to the records, it was presented to the St. Petersburg Academy on January 26,
Originally published in Novi Commentarii academiae scientiarum Petropolitanae 3, 1753, pp. 86-108
Opera Omnia: Series 1, Volume 14, pp. 516 - 541
- Original publication: E190
- A translation of E190 has been prepared by Martin Mattmueller and Walter Gautschi. (The translation is also available
in postscript format: E190.ps.)
- Alexander Aycock has made a draft translation into English, available online at Euler-Kreis Mainz.
- The Euler Archive attempts to monitor current scholarship for articles and books that may be of interest to Euler Scholars. Selected references we have found that discuss or cite E190 include:
- Ferraro G., “Some aspects of Euler's theory of series: Inexplicable functions and the Euler-Maclaurin summation formula.” Historia Mathematica, 25 (3), pp. 290-317 (Aug 1998).
Return to the Euler Archive