E169 -- Sur le point de rebroussement de la seconde espece de M. le Marquis de l'Hopital
(On the cuspidal points of the second kind of Monsieur le Marquis de l'Hopital)
According to C. G. J. Jacobi, a treatise with this title was presented to the Berlin Academy on
October 26, 1747.
Originally published in Memoires de l'academie des sciences de Berlin 5, 1751, pp. 203-221
Opera Omnia: Series 1, Volume 27, pp. 236 - 252
- According to Jacobi, the manuscript of the printed treatise can be found in the archive of the
- Original publication: E169
- E169 can be viewed or downloaded from Digitalisierte Akademieschriften und Schriften zur Geschichte der Königlich Preußischen Akademie der Wissenschaften, which includes serial publications of the Prussian Academy of Science in the 18th and 19th Centuries.
- Professor Robert Bradley at Adelphi University has a
beautiful translation of E169, complete with figures, available in
- The Euler Archive attempts to monitor current scholarship for articles and books that may be of interest to Euler Scholars. Selected references we have found that discuss or cite E169 include:
- Ferraro G., “Functions, functional equations, and the laws of continuity in Euler.” Historia Mathematica, 27 (2), pp. 107-132 (May 2000).
Return to the Euler Archive