E123 -- De fractionibus continuis observationes
(Observations on continued fractions)
Euler starts with the transformation of series into continued fractions and then into products.
the records, it was presented to the St. Petersburg Academy on January 22, 1739.
Originally published in Commentarii academiae scientiarum Petropolitanae 11, 1750, pp. 32-81
Opera Omnia: Series 1, Volume 14, pp. 291 - 349
- Original publication: E123 (in the Commentarii, Volume 11)
- Alexander Aycock has made draft translations into German and English, available online at Euler-Kreis Mainz.
- The Euler Archive attempts to monitor current scholarship for articles and books that may be of interest to Euler Scholars. Selected references we have found that discuss or cite E123 include:
- Askey R., “Chapter-12 of Ramanujan 2nd notebook - continued fractions - appendix.” Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics, 15 (2), pp. 311-318 (1985).
- Ku YH., “Solution of Riccati equation by continued fractions.” Journal of the Franklin Institute-Engineering and Applied Mathematics, 293 (1), pp. 59-& (1972).
Return to the Euler Archive