E91 -- Recherches physiques sur la nature des moindres parties de la matiere
(Physical investigations on the nature of the smallest parts of matter)
According to the remark at the
top of the first page of the abstract, a treatise with this title was presented to the Berlin Academy
on June 18, 1744, but only the abstract (“Sur la nature des moindres particules de la matière”)
appeared in the Hist. de l’acad. d. sc. de Berlin  (1745), 1746, pp. 28-32.
Originally published in Opuscula varii argumenti 1, 1746, pp. 287-300
Opera Omnia: Series 3, Volume 1, pp. 3 - 15
- Reprinted in OEuvres complètes d’Euler 2, 1839, pp. 263-274 [91a]
- Abstract reprinted in Collection acadèmique (Dijon and Paris) 8, 1770, pp. 31-34 [91b]
- Original publication:
- E91 can be viewed or downloaded from Digitalisierte Akademieschriften und Schriften zur Geschichte der Königlich Preußischen Akademie der Wissenschaften, which includes serial publications of the Prussian Academy of Science in the 18th and 19th Centuries.
- Michael Saclolo and Peter Wake of St. Edward's University have completed an English translation of this work.
- The Euler Archive attempts to monitor current scholarship for articles and books that may be of interest to Euler Scholars. Selected references we have found that discuss or cite E91 include:
- Todd J., “Lemniscate constants.” Communications of the ACM, 18 (1), pp. 14-19 (1975).
Return to the Euler Archive