E51 -- De constructione aequationum ope motus tractorii aliisque ad methodum tangentium inversam pertinentibus
(On the construction of equations using dragged motion, and of other things pertinent to the inverse method of tangents)
According to the records, it was presented to the St. Petersburg Academy on March 17, 1735.
Originally published in Commentarii academiae scientiarum Petropolitanae 8, 1741, pp. 66-85
Opera Omnia: Series 1, Volume 22, pp. 83 - 107
- Reprinted in Comment. acad. sc. Petrop. 8, ed. nova, Bononiae 1752, pp. 59-77 + 1 diagram
- Original publication: E051 (in the Commentarii)
- German translation (Artur Diener and Alexander Aycock): E51
- The Euler Archive attempts to monitor current scholarship for articles and books that may be of interest to Euler Scholars. Selected references we have found that discuss or cite E51 include:
- Tournes D., “The graphic integration of ordinary differential equations.” Historia Mathematica, 30 (4), pp. 457-493 (Nov 2003).
Return to the Euler Archive