E37 -- De motu planetarum et orbitarum determinatione
(On the motion of planets and orbits)
According to the records, it was presented to the St. Petersburg Academy on November 21, 1735.
Originally published in Commentarii academiae scientiarum Petropolitanae 7, 1740, pp. 67-85
Opera Omnia: Series 2, Volume 28, pp. 1 - 16
- Reprinted in Comment. acad. sc. Petrop. 7, ed. nova, Bononiae 1748, pp. 60-78 + 1 diagram
- Original publication: E037 (in the Commentarii)
- The Euler Archive attempts to monitor current scholarship for articles and books that may be of interest to Euler Scholars. Selected references we have found that discuss or cite E37 include:
- Dutka J., “A note on 'Kepler's equation'.” Archive for History of Exact Sciences, 15 (1), pp. 59-65 (1997).
- Volk O., “Miscellanea from history of celestial mechanics.” Celestial Mechanics, 14 (3), pp. 365-382 (1976).
Return to the Euler Archive