E31 -- Constructio aequationis differentialis \(ax^n dx = dy+y^2 dx \)
(Solution to differential equations of the form \(ax^n dx = dy+y^2 dx \))
to the records, it was presented to the St. Petersburg Academy on February 16, 1733.
Originally published in Commentarii academiae scientiarum Petropolitanae 6, 1738, pp. 124-137
Opera Omnia: Series 1, Volume 22, pp. 19 - 35
- Reprinted in Comment. acad. sc. Petrop. 6, ed. nova, Bononiae 1734, pp. 213-228 [E31a]
- Original publication: E031 (in the Commentarii)
- Ian Bruce has translated E31 into English.
- German translation (Alexander Aycock and Artur Diener): E31
- The Euler Archive attempts to monitor current scholarship for articles and books that may be of interest to Euler Scholars. Selected references we have found that discuss or cite E31 include:
- Deakin Mab., “Euler invention of integral-transforms.” Archive for History of Exact Sciences, 33 (4), pp. 307-319 (1985).
Return to the Euler Archive