E27 -- Problematis isoperimetrici in latissimo sensu accepti solutio generalis
(On isoperimetric problems in the widest sense)
According to the records, it was presented to the St. Petersburg Academy on October 27, 1732.
Originally published in Commentarii academiae scientiarum Petropolitanae 6, 1738, pp. 123-155
Opera Omnia: Series 1, Volume 25, pp. 13 - 40
- Reprinted in Comment. acad. sc. Petrop. 6, ed. nova, Bononiae 1743, pp. 116-144 + 1 diagram
- Original publication: E027 (in the Commentarii)
- The Euler Archive attempts to monitor current scholarship for articles and books that may be of interest to Euler Scholars. Selected references we have found that discuss or cite E27 include:
- Calinger R., “Leonhard Euler: The first St Petersburg years (1727-1741).” Historia Mathematica, 23 (2), pp. 121-166 (May 1996).
- Fraser CG., “The origins of Euler's variational calculus.” Archive for History of Exact Sciences, 47 (2), pp. 103-141 (1994).
Return to the Euler Archive